Dental implants are a great way to replace your missing tooth/teeth and can give you the function and look of a natural tooth without affecting any surrounding teeth. An implant consists of two parts:
- The titanium posts or screw mimics the root structure of a tooth and is bio-compatible so that the bone grows and attaches to it (osseointegration).
- Crown – or the replacement tooth. Once the tooth structure is ready, our dentists will attach the crown, often made from porcelain to the screw.
The benefits of dental implants are as follows
- They do not require the preparation of the adjacent teeth
- They help to prevent bone loss
- They are stable and long-lasting
- They are comfortable and natural looking
- They cause few interruptions to daily life
- They can boost your self-confidence and pride in your smile
Dental Implants can be restored if they have been worn down over time or if chips or cracks have damaged them.
Occasionally there is not enough bone in an area for the implant to be stable. In this case, we offer several different bone grafting materials and procedures best suited for the patient’s situation.